Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Peach State Brew Off Results

Checked online this morning as I have the past couple of days, I'm so impatient, and the results for the 17th Annual PSBO are in. As expected none of my entries placed. I can't wait to get the results back to see what the judges feedback looks like.

I'll venture a guess at where my 3 biers fell short.
1-Hefeweizen - Only 30 something percent wheat, too high ferm. temps, too estery. This was an attempted clone so I knew these were flaws/potential flaws.
2-Wood Aged Brown Ale - Overcarbed, otherwise a very nice bier, we'll see what the judges say.
3-Specialty OB/APA/IPA - Fine bier, but not a brew that'll pull off a good showing in a category with all types of over the top style interpretations.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...